Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Where did June go?

I can't believe it's been more than six weeks since my last post. Summer has been flying by and it certainly doesn't appear to be slowing in the near future.

I think I'll start with the most recent events and head backwards in time.

Meghan had her 3rd birthday on Saturday. We had her actual party on Sunday which she really enjoyed. Her cousins from NC were here to visit, so we had a decent size crowd. I can't believe she's already 3. How time flies!

My sister and her family came to visit for the fourth. Jason, my nephew, is a few months younger than Alex and the boys had a fantastic time together. Carly, my niece, is 18 months younger than Meghan which is pretty noticeable now, but will get better as the kids age. I really had a great time with them.

Alex visited Hondo recently and talked his grandparents into taking him to the Alamo. He had heard about the site, but didn't really understand why it was important to Texas history. He enjoyed the visit.

Lorenzo has recently finished another 6 week long night shift stint. Though working from home isn't as bad as 12 hour nights in the office, I know he's glad to be back on day shift.

I have been traveling about once a month recently, with trips to New York, Nashville and Atlanta on my recent iteniary's. Work is keeping me very busy, but hey that's why they pay me the big buck.

Lorenzo and I visited ND for my 10 year reunion. We say a lot of my classmates. Some of my ROTC buddies were there, and it was great to catch up. Liam and Pam, Joy and Andrew and Rachel all kept me and Lorenzo company during the weekend. The weather couldn't have been better with temperate days and cool nights.

We don't have a whole lot of new things going on. We're recovering from the great visit with Susan and her family and preparing to drive to Houston for the weekend. It should be fun.

I hope all is well with you!

No comments: