Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Meghan-Ness

B lue Ivey School, Meghan's pre-school, is celebrating The Week of the Young Child next week. They asked us to write a letter explaining why our child is special to us.

Enjoy!

Meghan Katherine Martinez
July 1, 2003

Some of my earliest memories are of dreaming of being a mom. I remember imagining a day when I would have a daughter of my own. I would buy her pretty dresses, put bows in her hair, and paint her toenails. Together we would have tea parties, go to the grocery store and sing silly songs all day.

When Meghan arrived I was on top of the world and have remained there. From the day she was born, I have marveled at her smile and her laugh. She has grown into an amazing girl.

Meghan is special to me because of her “Meghan-ness”. She loves to dance and sing and laugh. She loves to play with her brother, feed the dog and help mom. She loves to ride in “mommie’s red car” with the windows down and the radio up. She loves to have her nails painted, her hair brushed and to shop for shoes.

I love Meghan because she isn’t scared to ask for a hug and kiss, seven times in a row. I love Meghan because she knows what she wants and tries to get it. I love Meghan for her sense of adventure and her passion.

Mostly, I love Meghan because she is Meghan and that’s all there is to it.

No comments: