Monday, January 24, 2005

The Steelers

I have been a Steelers fan since the early 80's. I remember it vividly. It was September and my family had gone to Pennsylvania for my great grandfather's funeral. It happened to coincide with my birthday. Unfortunately, the dress my mom had bought me didn't fit, so my parents bought me a new coat. It was a Steelers ski jacket with the zip off sleeves. From that moment I became a devoted fan.

I am so bummed about last night. I think Cower's decision to go for the field goal on 4th down on the two was a chicken decision. He coached like Ty, quite frankly. Sometimes, being conservative and safe is the wrong decision.

Oh well, either way I believe he was out-coached and the Steelers were out-played. As much as I hate to admit it, the Pat's were the better team yesterday and proved it on the field.

I am very much looking forward to the game in two weeks. I will be cheering for the Eagles, but believe Bellichek(sp) and the Pat's will probably be up and ready to dominate the game. I have been a McNabb fan since he was at Syracuse and I will stay loyal regardless of the odds.

Go Eagles!

No comments: