Monday, March 19, 2007

Spring has Sprung!

Greetings and Salutations from Dallas!

It's been too long since I have blogged, but here is an update of all the news that's fit to print.

Meghan is doing very well. Her hair has gotten quite long and she is really enjoying the spring. This weekend she went with me to Lowe's to get some flowers for our front yards. She was my "helper of the day", and contributed by digging about twice as many holes as I needed for the flowers. We had a great time getting the front beds in order. After a long morning of yard work, she took a 3 hour nap and still went to bed on time. I guess I really wore her out. She seems to be on a growth spurt lately and I am amazed how much she has changed in the last year. She is working on her alphabet and can currently accurately pick out about 1/2 of the alphabet. She also can generally tell you a word that starts with the given letter.

Alex is amazing me every day. He is getting pretty lanky now a days. He just finished spring break where he had plenty of time to play and enjoy the rest. He is playing soccer again with the Sting Rays. He has had some great games and is improving as a shooter. I think Coach Tom is happy to see that coming along. School is progressing well for Alex. He is really starting to enjoy reading more. Math and science, however, remain his favorite subjects. He is currently doing a research project on President GW Bush. As you can imagine, I am absolutely thrilled. (NOT) He has been sharing facts about Bush during meals and though I am happy to see Alex show interest in History and Government, I wish he had picked another president. (Kennedy? Lincoln? FDR?) Oh well, next time.

Lorenzo has been busy keeping the house in order. He has been hanging pictures and dealing with different businesses to get screens installed. Working from home has really been a boon for us, as he has been able to interview maids, landscape people and all sorts of other tradesmen. Our house is really coming along and I hope you'll be able to come see it soon!

January through the first week of March for me were spent with American Airlines. I had 3 trips to New Orleans, 1 to San Diego, 1 to Chicago, 1 to Detroit, 1 to Greensboro, 1 to New York, 2 to Denver and 1 to Kansas City. My new job is going well. I am really loving it but it keeps me very busy. You may have heard the Cadbury is splitting the Beverage business. We were notified last week that we will be split, but that doesn't mean much of a change for now. For me, I am focused on my customers. If you get a chance to stop in a bagel shop (Einstein's or Bruegger's) grab a Nantucket Nectars with your bagel and think of me!

So, we have been busy, but we are well. We hope you are too!

No comments: