Saturday, November 26, 2005

Alex is 7

Happy Holidays!

Well, it's the Saturday night after Thanksgiving, and I am watching the Irish without their best effort. Lorenzo could definitely be in a better mood, but those of you who know him, know that's pretty normal.

Alex had a great 7th birthday. Tom was tender, the desserts were fantastic and with so many blessings, I certainly can't complain about this wonderful holiday. Alex got a Gameboy, a Julius Jones Cowboy's jersey and a new watch. He also got money, and is planning to buy a Gameboy game with his fat wallet.

I took some extra time off work last week and got to see Alex perform a Thanksgiving show at school. There is nothing more cute than seeing a group of 1st graders singing Super Turkey! We had a great day together.

Wednesday, Alex and I saw Chicken Little and had lunch with Susanna. It was another nice day together. Thursday, my mom was over early, and she helped me prepare the meal. The kids had a great day. Unfortunately for Alex, the Cowboys lost, but overall it was a great day.

Friday, we took it easy and decorated for the season. Alex helped me decorate the tree and outside. We were the first ones on our block with our outside lights up. It looks good!

Today, we started with some shopping at Northpark. So far, we have finished about 1/4 of our shopping. I am quite glad to be getting some out of the way!

Tomorrow, we don't have big plans. It will be nice to have an easy day. I am actually ready to head back to work now. Who would have thought?!?

With most of my travels drawing to a close, I am finally able to enjoy some time with the family. It'll be nice to come home to the family most evenings, again.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: